Monday, April 02, 2007

New police inspector takes charge in West Somerset

A NEW police inspector has taken charge of the 18 beats in West Somerset, which includes Exmoor and the Quantock Hills.
She is Inspector Carol Pearce, who has taken over the role from Inspector Nic Crocker, who has been in post for less than two years.
Carol, aged 46, grew up in Weston-super-Mare and has been police officer for 27 years and has been awarded the constabulary’s long service and good conduct medal and also the Queen’s Police Jubilee Award.
She started as a PC in Taunton and has worked across the force area with experience of all aspects of operational policing, including being a beat manager, working in the communications department, and on child protection issues.
Carol has worked in the force’s drugs strategy unit developing drugs initiatives and her most recent post was as a district inspector as the county’s police drugs lead, working closely with the Somerset Drugs and Alcohol Action Team.
She said: “I am really pleased to be taking on this role as the permanent new sector inspector.
“I know the area well and feel I have a good idea of what matters to local people.
“I am passionate about policing and intend to use my wealth of experience to help drive down crime and provide reassurance to all our residents.
“Two of the areas I will be focussing my attention towards are the night time economy and issues surrounding anti-social behaviour.
“I am conscious that these are two issues that can affect the quality of people’s lives whether it is due to intimidation or nuisance activity.
“I will not tolerate this sort of behaviour and will work with our partner agencies to target those who flout the law.
“I am committed to ensuring this area continues to be a safe place to live and work.”
“I have an excellent team working for me consisting of PCs, Sergeants, Police Community Support Officers, Special Constables and police staff, all of whom are committed to increasing the number of crimes detected, reducing the fear of crime, and improving community reassurance through direct police activity and partnership working.”

No comments: